Today's blog is about my very first facial piercing, I'm gonna do another blog about all of them but this one has a story..
So, my first facial piercing was my Marilyn/Madonna. I got this done in 2009 and I was 16, which meant my mum had to come with me and sign the consent form. Now I originally went to go get my tongue pierced but my mum (some how) persuaded me otherwise and by the end of this story, you will be just as thankful as I am for her changing my mind!
Right, so we're off to the shop to have it done and I got upstairs with the male piercer and everything is signed and I'm ready to go. He places the dot on my lip, now he puts the clamp on which raised alarm bells because it had a rubber band round it which really hurt my lip. So I went along with it because he's the piercer and I'm not, he puts the needle through and yeah it hurt but it hurt more when he took the clamp off!
So he took off the clamp and had a look at it and he said that it was a nice "snug" fit... Another alarm bell went off because I had read that the bar has to be long to allow for swelling, but again he's the piercer and not me. He cleans up any blood and I'm only merry way, so I go home and look after it like he says and I'm so happy I got my lip pierced!!
The next morning, I wake up and my lip is killing but I thought this was normal. I clean it and try not to hit it with my teeth and take care while I'm eating and such, the day after its getting more sore as the hours tick by and I've notice a crust or and some kind of membrane forming.
Another 2 days ago by and at this time my lip has swollen and a scab keeps forming over the bar! Not just the lip, the bar aswell so I have to keep breaking the scab to keep the bar from becoming closed in my lip. Not good. My mum keeps putting salt water on it and that just hurts like a bitch, in the end I get a doctors appointment and she tells me I've got an infection.
At this point my face has swelled along with my lip and unfortunately the metal bar stays where it is, she gives me some antibiotics and tells me to get the bar out.
So I got back to the piercer and he manages to get it out and I cried it hurt so much, I hate crying infront of people. After about a week the swelling goes down and my lip starts to heal. I still wanted that piercing so I waited 2 months for it to heal and I was gonna get it re done, I go back to the same place but asked to see some one else and I was told that the only piercer they have had is the girl piercer?!
I told them about the man that worked there and they had never heard of him, apparently he had quit his job just after my infection. So you have to wonder if he was properly qualified, so anyway, the girl does my lip this time and I told her this story and the shock on her face was priceless.
Everything she did was the complete opposite to what he had done and she was the kind of person whose personality was so relaxing and happy and just brilliant o be around, she put a bar in that was so much longer than my lip and I was in virtually no pain. She was amazing, no swelling occurred what so ever during the healing process, I wasn't in any pain.. I could eat and speak and it was just heaven!!
I eventually went back to get my lower lip spider bites done by her and the same with those, no pain, no swelling, no nothing! She is by far the best piercer I've had!
I'm so thankful I didn't get my tongue pierced because I probably wouldn't be writing this right now, I still have my lip bar to this day and I can't be without it. I feel naked haha..
So this was my long story about my first facial piercing and I hope you enjoyed it! Until next time my sweets..
Xoxoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment