Wednesday, 7 January 2015

How I Clean My Tragus Piercing.

Hi everyone! 

So in today's blog I'm gonna show you how I clean my Tragus piercing, so I hope you enjoy and if you have any questions let me know :).

First of all I like to wash my hands with and hand soap. I then like to use my favourite hand sanitiser.. 


I don't always use it, it's not a mandatory step but you can do it if you want :).

Now, I find it easier to use cotton buds for cleaning because it's easier to get around the bar that's in. I also use a new salt solution I bought from the Body Jewellery Shop and I highly recommend it!


I find its a lot better than just using hot water and salt. It didn't cost that much either, so if you want to take good care of your new piercing I would suggest you buy this but you don't have to. 

I now take my selected cotton buds out, I use 4 because I'm a germaphobe haha and put them on the lid. 


Once I've done that, then I spray a little bit of the salt solution into the lid of the canister/bottle so I can dip my cotton buds into it to be absorbed. 



Now I've dipped it, the cleaning begins. 

First I clean the front of the piercing by gently wiping around the bar and then I kind of roll the bud up the length of the bar to make sure I clean that aswell as the wound.

           Ignore my huge ears haha 

I use both sides of the cotton bud on the front of the piercing and then use a fresh one for behind. 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT use the same cotton bud on the other side! 

I can't stress this enough guys, cross contamination is the number 1 cause of infections so please change what ever your using for each side! 

Once I've done the front, I'll move onto the back and this side is more tricky because the flat part of the labret/bar covers more area so you have to make the effort to get behind it. 


I'll repeat these processes another 1 time but again, you don't have too, once I'm satisfied I'll stop and leave it alone until the next morning/evening. 

I do this process twice a day, in the morning and just before I go to bed. Any more than that and that could cause an infection because your not letting your natural healing process take over and over cleaning it can disrupt that. 

So just be a little careful of your regime for cleaning.. 

I hope you found this interesting or educating, either way I wanted to share that with you :) 

So again, until next time my beauties.. Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment