Monday, 16 February 2015

Rimmel Lasting Finish Review.

Hellooooo everyone!! 

It has been quite a while since I did a review on a beauty product, that's mainly because I haven't been able to afford much the past 6months. 

But last week (I believe), I purchased the Rimmel Lasting Finish collection which consists of the Primer, Foundation and Powder. I only bought it because I wanted a make up range for travel that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg and thankfully Boots was doing a special offer and I got it even cheaper!!! 

I used to use Rimmel when I was younger and starting to experiment with make up and such, my mum thought it was a good brand to start with because it was cheap. Not gonna lie, I liked it.. Especially their "Hide The Blemish" concealer stick haha.. I used to cover my whole face in that!!! I know right haha.. I actually bought another one when I collected the Lasting Finish order and it's still very good! I would recommend that. 

So first of all I'm gonna start with the Lasting Finish Primer. 


As you can see, it comes in an attractive red and white tube. The product itself comes out white and almost looks like your regular moisturising cream or sun block, it's not thick or greasy as I expected but light weight and smooth. It spreads really well I find and doesn't leave a residue behind, this primer can be used by itself or under your regular make up routine. Not gonna lie, it's pretty good. 

Next, we'll have a look at the Lasting Finish Foundation. 


Now.. From my experience ( a century ago), Rimmels foundation wasn't very good for me personally and I think it had a lot to do with going through puberty, it reacted badly and made my skin oily and just not nice. So at first I was hesitant to buy it but being older now, I know my skin is so much better! 

Again, like the primer it's light weight. It doesn't feel greasy or anything like that, the pigment is really good and spreads like a dream whether your using a foundation brush or sponge, (I prefer my sponge in all honesty). Now, this formula is supposed to be water proof based. Meaning that any sweat, heat and humidity will not make it slide off and I have to admit, it works!! I cried the first day I used it and it's didn't smudge, wipe off or anything so i am so impressed!! 

Finally, we have the Lasting Finish Powder. 


This powder is really good, again it's light weight and doesn't clog your pours! This is also waterproof based so it's adds more protection over the foundation, this feels so good on your skin, it's soft and smooth and (I know this is weird) it smells so fricking good! It's got a perfume smells to it, it's dreamy.. But don't think that because it smells of perfume that it will effect your skin because it won't, I panicked at first because I have sensitive skin but I totally forgot it was on my face.. I didn't react at all.. 

These 3 together are amazing and I looked so good! 

As a side note, the primer makes your foundation last 8 hours longer than usual and the the foundation and powder last up to 25hours. But the longest I've had it all on for was 3 hours haha, so wether it's lasts a day and an hour I have no idea! I trust that it does though. 

So my sweeties, until next time. Love you guys!! Xoxoxo 

(This is just a regular review from my personal experience, don't think I was made to do this haha.) 


1 comment:

  1. Great products! I am also currently using the Lasting Finish Foundation x

    www.pretty-little-things-xo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete