Sunday, 22 February 2015

My New Rook Piercing!!

Hey everyone!!! 

Its been a very long time since my last blog and it's mainly because I've been ill and busy with college and with the job centre, so I haven't really had time to do anything. But I'm hoping that's all gonna change now..

So todays blog will be about my (newish) Rook Piercing!! So far, I've had it for a month and a day! 

 (It's the long barbell)

Now, before I start I have to tell you how much this hurt!! Before I went to go get this done, I had watched youtube videos of people getting it done, and some of them would say how much it would hurt or sometimes you could just read their facial expression and just automatically know how much it hurt haha, so at first i was just nervous but I love piercings so I couldnt wait to get it done. 

I went to my piercers and luckily one of my old friends was there to do it for me, she also did my Tragus piercing.. she had told me that it was gonna hurt and thats mainly because the needle is going through the thickest bit of cartilage in the ear, it's only a step down from fully formed bone.

So, I got marked up and was ready for the needle. When she pushed it through I felt like my ear was on fire haha, it was like a more intense pain than my tragus (which really hurt). But we then had toput the barbell in and that hurt even more! I actually had to make a sound it hurt that much, you'd then think the pain ended there... nope.. the ball was next and talk about being fiddley, it didn't hurt that much but it didnt help haha. After about 5 minutes of trying to get the all on, I was good to go!

So now all I have to do is take care of it, but i wasnt prepared for the next bit I have to say. The next day I was fine, I wasn't in any pain, it wasn't sore or red. I thiought that this was gonna be a breeze, until thew second night.. Thats when it started, it started to get red and swell slightly but I thought it would last a few hours then go down, but how I was wrong. The next day it started to swell and was bleeding slightly and I didnt know why, I was cleaning with salt water as usual twice a day, I was getting worried but  everyone including my piercer friend was saying it was normal because it was a thick bit of cartilage, so had to force myself to relax and take some pain killers (which helped).. 

The swelling was getting worse everyday as well as the pain and I was convinced it was infected, I even got my mum to look at it everyday to make sure and every time she would say the same thing "it's clean Nicole, just swollen and red. it's not infected!" This lasted the best part of a weeks and it was very painful, all this happened in the space of about 3 weeks ago and now i'm perfectly fine! no redness, no blood, no pain, it looks normal.. and it's so beautiful and the pain was completely worth it in my opinion, I have to clean it everyday, twice a day for at least the next 3 months. I dont even care, I love taking care of things and this is one of them! So worth it! 

I would recommend it if you love piercings like this, but make sure your up for the pain thats involved. but then again, in saying that you could be different and your body could react differently to it but justr be careful and if you want anymoreinformation about the Rook Piercing just ask and i'll try my best to answer it!!!

I hope you enjoyed ready this as much as I enjoyed typing it and i'll see you in the next blog guys!!! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment